Here’s a list of some of the things you can make in the dehydrator:
- Dried fruit
- Veggie chips Fruit leather
- Dough proving
- Preserve herbs
- Meals to take camping
- Soup powder
- modern and easy to use dehydrator unit
- instruction book
- recipe books
- A cherry stoner and ceramic vase grinder (if desired).
Note: Wet foods (such as stews, soups, casseroles, sloppy fruit, etc) can only be dehydrated using paraflex sheets which are not included in the kit, but can be purchased separately.
Paraflex sheets can be ordered online through Sprout Organic and then picked up from their Fitzroy store. Alternatively, Excalibur Reusable Dehydrator Paraflex sheets can be purchased on EBay for approx $12.95 each.
How to borrow
- Review the bookings calendar for the dehydrator – dehydrator bookings are coloured red or you can show/hide categries by selecting/deselecting categories from the Categories button at the top of the calendar.
- Phone or contact Annie Link on 9391 2970 or email@example.com to make a booking and arrange a time to collect the equipment from Annie.
- Complete the borrowing form with Annie Link and pay a $50 cash deposit (which will be refunded on return when the unit is returned clean and undamaged).
- Return the equipment to Annie Link in a clean and working condition.
- The period of loan is for 3 days, but this can be extended if no one else has booked it.
- Meat cannot be placed in this unit.
- Should the unit be damaged you will be responsible for the cost of any repairs.